Monday, June 25, 2018

Week 99 - June 25, 2018 - Raven, Virginia

Hey hey hey y'all! It's your boi. So this week was pretty good overall!! We got transfer calls on Saturday and both Elder Craner and I are staying for another 6 weeks in Richlands! So we're pretty stoked about that! My guess is he's gonna train after these 6 weeks are up haha. It's really weird to think that I only have one transfer left...it's gonna fly by so I'm ready to make the most of it that I can!

Also, I feel impressed to share with you some thoughts that I've had this week. Mainly about how some trials in this life are just our mercies in disguise. I want to make a promise that no matter how hard times may seem or how overwhelming trails might be, always remember that God is orchestrating very important details of your life RIGHT NOW. And those trials are part of that orchestration. Remember that one song I had talked about before? "Blessings"? I've shared this before but my favorite line from that song is "What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise?". He knows best. He loves us each individually and knows us by name. Trust in Him because he trusts us enough to get through the mercies that he gives us.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Roger, Jay, and Sandra. So they're doing good! Jay came to church yesterday and he was all dressed up and everything haha! He was wearing a white shirt and a tie we gave him for the first time! It was so cool to see :) 

Right now, we are trying to find more solid people to teach. We're working a lot with the members and so please pray that we'll be able to find someone new to teach who is more than ready to receive the gospel :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

I've done this one quite a bit but I feel that it fits. In what ways has the Lord blessed you THIS week? Write down your thoughts and impressions that you have on how the Lord has blessed you. Pray to your lovingly Heavenly Father and thank Him for those specific blessings. You will be surprised on what He has done for you and only YOU.

FUNNY MOMENT:

So I've had something like this happen before but the other day we were tracting. Shocker right? Haha! Anyways, we knocked on this guy's door and he let us RIGHT IN. It was pretty cool until I saw that he had the last Harry Potter movie playing in his living room. I asked if we could turn the TV off before we start the lesson but he refused because he "loves Harry Potter too much". I feel you bro. But I literally had to ask him so many times to turn it off because it would've definitely distracted me hahaha. Gosh I have a problem. Oh well.

I love all of y'all so much! Thank you for your examples that you've been to me and those around you! Keep being those examples! Keep on keepin' on!

"I testify that Angels are still sent to help us." - Jeffrey R. Holland

- Elder Noah Hanson
Tracting in beautiful Virginia

Great branch family who did a baptism in the river!


No comments:

Post a Comment