Monday, July 2, 2018

Week 100 - July 2, 2018 - Raven, Virginia

Whattup y'all! Wow what a week! It has been HAWT. Holy cow. I didn't know I could sweat that much in such a short amount of time. It's been a good week though! We have been seeing miracles happen in the branch so that's exciting! Members are getting more excited about the work and it's so cool to see! Also, we're getting smart phones next week and I'm hyped haha. So stay tuned for that.

We've also been planning for a fireside on July 14th! We're excited for it. We are showing the movie 17 Miracles in the spirit of Pioneer day and the members and nonmembers are excited for it. We should have a big turn out!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Roger, Jay, and Sandra. Jay is progressing the most out of all of them right now. We had a cool story with him this week though. Get this.  So we gave him a priesthood blessing so that he could withstand the need to smoke. And he told us a couple days later that when he went to smoke a cigarette, and his throat started hurting REALLY bad. So that just goes to show you the power of the priesthood and how REAL it is. God works in mysterious ways :) but Jay and Roger came to church yesterday so we were excited about that!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

This week, the challenge is to figure out how the spirit actually talks to YOU. Is it a feeling? Thought? Literal voice? As you read the Book of Mormon, pray, sit in church, I want you to ponder how the spirit is talking to you and answering your questions. That's the best way to know if you have received an answer to any question you have!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So on Thursday, we went out to lessons with a member who's getting up there in age. Haha. Anyways, we as we get in the car he lovingly tells us, "I'm losing depth perception in my right eye so if I start drifting to the right, tell me." I was like "Perfect. This is how it ends." Long story short, we were almost in like 8 car accidents cuz of that haha. We're good don't worry but he said his depth perception is getting better...so pray for me lolz. I have 6 weeks left and I didn't come this far to die haha. 

Well, I sure do miss all of y'all so much. Thank you for your love and support! Have a killer week and keep on keepin' on!!

"Be the same person you are in the dark, as you are in the light!" - Thomas S. Monson
 
Elder Noah Hanson
Dinner in Richlands




More service for awesome members in the Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment