Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 6 - September 12, 2016 - Gallipolis, Ohio

It's been pretty crazy this past week! Holy cow! I mean it's crazy every week but it's awesome! Ohio is pretty foggy I've come to realize  haha because every morning when we wake up to go jog (which kind of stinks when you're super tired btw) it's always foggy! This morning wasn't as bad but it can get pretty dense! But I love it! Haha! Also fun fact, I swallowed a spider. If you want to know more, hit me up with an email and I'll tell you. Okay so I'll just start from the beginning!

So we're walking around this neighborhood that hadn't been tracted in a while and we ran into this guy. He asked us if we were the mormons in kind of a sassy tone lol. So we were like "Yeah! How can we help you?" He was like, "Oh no need to help me. Let's turn to Jacob 4:4". So we turned to Jacob 4:4 cautiously because we literally didn't know where this guy was going haha. He then went on to read it and said, "I wrote that". We were like, "What?" He was like, "Look I'm a mormon just like y'all and I have a father, his name is Isaac. I was baptized by him and I am now in this book." We were still like, "What?". His friend then pulled him aside and asked him if he had the money for "the stuff". Then he walked away and we were literally still standing there like "What?'". 

So some cool things that happened this week:

Update on Donna. She's raised up $30 already for her marriage license!! Wahoo!! Her future husband Billy is still working on raising the money but it's so crazy that they're already halfway there!! Thank you for all of your prayers for them and their marriage! Please continue to pray for them always! They still are struggling with health, money, and family problems. We don't want anything to hold her back from being baptized! So I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could do some praying and fasting for her! And I know she would appreciate it as well!

I also had ANOTHER amazing spiritual prompting experience on Friday. So we were walking by this park in downtown Gallipolis and I saw this guy sitting on a park bench staring at his phone. He looked really angry and so I was like "Nope. Nope. Nope." Like seriously, he looked frightening. But the Holy Ghost prompted me to go talk to him. And again in my head I was like, "No I'll get beat up." But the feeling got stronger and stronger as I got farther and farther away from him. Finally I said to my companion "Hey let's go talk to that guy over there." So we walked over towards the guy and told him who we were and about our message of Jesus Christ. And guess what I learned? He's actually one of the nicest guys I've ever talked to! I learned not to judge someone by the way they look. He willingly took a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet and we gave him our number to call us. He said he would call us! I mean he hasn't quite yet but let's hope he does! And then again, I felt really good afterwards because I followed that prompting! That's why I always say to follow ANY prompting that you receive because you'll ALWAYS feel good afterwards! Anyway, that was something cool that happened to me :)

We also had an incredible lesson with Gus White and his family yesterday!! We talked about the Plan of Salvation and how families are an essential part of that plan. They seemed to really understand the lesson well. It was cool because they talked almost the whole time! They clearly understood the importance of families and how they provide that protection from the world in many ways! And they committed to reading scriptures as a family every night! Fun fact, Crystal (the wife) has stopped smoking for 15 days! Wahoo!!! I love that family! They're progressing so well!

Also I got an opportunity to teach Sarah Watson. She's a less active who doesn't get a along with her mom AT ALL. They seriously fight all the time, even when we're there. It's kinda awkward as you can imagine. But I had a feeling that we need to share with her the video "Come Unto Christ: Mutual Theme". It talks about Christ-like attributes. One of those attributes is forgiveness. The lesson made her cry. She said that she would do her very best to be kinder and more loving to her mom which is exactly what we wanted her to get out of the lesson! Yes! It was seriously such an incredible lesson because the Spirit was so strong! 

CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:

Share your favorite scripture with someone and share why it's important to you! I shared one of my favorite scriptures to Gus White yesterday and it was 2 Nephi 31: 20. I bore testimony of it and how we need to press forward with faith and feast upon the words of Christ with our families! This scripture not only helped him realize the importance of families but it helped me strengthen my testimony on families as well! So I strongly encourage all of you to do that at least once this week! I promise you won't regret it!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So I'll just tell you about the whole swallowing the spider incident.    I was drinking some Kool-Aid and I set it down on our counter for literally like 5 seconds. I went to get another drink of it and I thought I saw a dark circle in the Kool-Aid but it was bad lighting so I didn't think much of it.  I drank the  Kool-Aid and felt that dark circle go down my throat. And I felt its legs stand up on my tongue right before it went down my throat. So for those of you who are wondering if I've eaten anything crazy since I've been here...there you go.

Anyway, I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Thank you guys for all the support :) stay strong in the gospel! God loves all of you and so do I :)

- Elder Hanson
Bittersweet in Gallipolis

We thought it was funny

Lookin' down the road that's Bittersweet

First Cinnamon roll attempt 

Great sunsets in Gallipolis


No comments:

Post a Comment