Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 8 - September 26, 2016 - Gallipolis, Ohio

So this has been an interesting week! Haha! But it's also been a week full of many miracles! I've also learned a lot about the power of prayer throughout the week. I was kind of struggling teaching this week for some reason. I started to beat myself up a little bit on Friday because I was seriously just struggling so bad with teaching! So I knelt down and just prayed for strength to keep moving forward and I kid you not...I've never felt so much peace in my entire life! Guys! The power of prayer is real! So if you're ever feeling down, KNEEL! Kneel down and pray to your Father in Heaven! He loves all of you so much and knows the desires of your heart! Anyway, that's just one cool thing that happened to me this week.

So not much is new with Donna other than the fact that SHE IS SO INCREDIBLY READY FOR BAPTISM! She says that they have almost raised the full $60 for their marriage license. Please please please keep praying for them! They need all the blessings they can get!

Update on Gus and his family. So Crystal, his wife, found out 2 days ago that she is for sure pregnant! Haha! It's really exciting! Gus finally got an interview with the bishop about the temple and they set up an appointment for Gus's son, Junior, to get interviewed for HIS baptism! Ah! So exciting!. And fun fact! Crystal threw away her cigarettes for good!! Wahoo!! I absolutely love this family lol.

So last week I told you that we picked up some new investigators, Brady and Dylan. Brady and Dylan, his friend, are in they're twenty's. They both were super interested in talking to us. Brady was really interested in learning more about the 3 kingdoms. We also taught both of them The Plan of Salvation. Brady's mom is a member so he knows a little bit about the Plan of Salvation but Dylan hadn't ever heard of it before. They both said that it made total sense to them and the Spirit was so strong. So...we asked them to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know whether or not what we had taught them was true. I was also able to share with Brady my re-conversion story in the next lesson we had with him. And guess what?? He said the same thing happened to him when he prayed to know whether or not it was true! He said he hadn't really ever thought about how "God wont give you an answer, you already know." He's now a progressing investigator! Along with his friend Dylan! YES! They're super awesome!

We were also able to teach our new investigator, Lori Mercer and her family! We taught them about The Restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ and they said that it made total sense to them! It was super funny because literally their minds were BLOWN when we told them that the Book of Mormon and the Bible go hand in hand. Haha!! But it was super cool because they said they would read the Book of Mormon as a family! Heck yeah! Haha! Anyway, I'll update more about them next week after we see how they're doing!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

Let someone know that you love them. Just as simple as that. On Wednesday, we contacted a former investigator named Izail. She was super skeptical about us talking to her at first and asked us a lot of questions. But while she was in the middle of trying to attack us with questions that contradicted what we believed, I felt impressed to let her know that we are there for her and that we love her. So I did and afterwards she was totally calm and more willing to listen to what we had to say! Just goes to show you that people truly NEED to know that they are loved! So simply just let someone know that you love them. It will mean the WORLD to that individual! I promise! Let someone know you love them so that they may, not only feel of your love, but of God's love as well.

FUNNY MOMENT:

Okay so from my subject title of this email you probably think I'm talking about a REAL forest and golf course. False. I am not. I'm talking about my leg hair. Now hear me out. So I went on exchanges with an elder in my district, Elder Holbrook. He wanted to do the "Nair challenge". It's a challenge where you put Nair on some part of your leg and the hair on that specific part of the leg will just fall off. So I put it on my right leg. And Seriously! It's so smooth! But I kinda hate it at the same time because I awkwardly only did one leg. Soooo yeah, I'll send a pic of it later on. Anyway, that's what I meant when I said "From dense forest to straight golf course." Okay

I love all of you so much! Thank you for all of the love and support you've given me! I am truly blessed to have such amazing examples in my life! The Church of Jesus Christ is true! I know it! Have a great week guys :)

Moroni 10: 32
Alma 7: 23-24

- Elder Hanson
Companion Study Time

Noah loves Dibs!

Looking for new people to teach in all kinds of places!

No comments:

Post a Comment