Thursday, November 17, 2016

Week 15 - November 16, 2016 - Gallipolis, Ohio

Herro everyone! Okay so this week was kind of a slow week for us. I got a little bit of a cold on Friday and Saturday. Then Elder Hallewell got sick on Sunday and all of Monday! And let me tell ya, being sick on the mission stinks! Literally lol. But yeah, so not a ton happened this week but it was still a week full of many miracles and cray cray events!

So TRANSFERS! Transfers are this week and I found out on Sunday that I'm staying here in Gallipolis, OH. But, sadly, Elder Hallewell is leaving. He's going to Flatwoods, West Virginia. I also found out who my new companion is going to be! Elder Christensen! From what I've heard, he sounds like a dope guy. It's going to be weird taking over the area. I don't really feel ready for it but I know it will help me stretch and grow! So I'm pretty hyped!

How is the Book of Mormon reading coming along? I literally just finished Alma this morning! Fetch! That section is long haha! But I loved every word of it! 

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

R----. Okay soooo on Wednesday, R---- texted us and said that she wanted a break from us teaching her for a while. We were kind of shocked to be honest. She was progressing so well and then she just randomly texted us that. I think she just needs time to figure it all out! I'm not too worried about her! Things will pick back up eventually :) just pray that she figures everything out so that we can continue to bring her closer to Christ!

D----. So she's pretty set for January. She says that she's 100% sure that it's going to take until January to figure this whole marriage thing out. We made a list for her of the things she needed to do in order to get married! She said that now that she had a list, it will be easier to be motivated to accomplish the things she needs to do! She is really hyped for her marriage AND her baptism so just keep praying for her :) she's doing amazing!

C----. So this is a potential investigator that we came across but I want to tell you a little about her. She's a single mom who has one daughter. She just moved into this house. She yelled at us to come and talk to her and so we did. She said that she really wants to find that "right church" for her and her daughter because she can't seem to find the right one. So we gave her a Restoration pamphlet and she seemed REALLY excited about it! Haha! It was awesome! So we're gonna be teaching her a lot more this week! So I'll give you guys more of the deets on how that goes on Monday!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So there's this Mormon message that I saw this week that really touched me. It's called "Because of Him". It talks about what Jesus Christ did and how literally everything is now possible because of him! It's truly amazing! I ask you guys to please watch it! It's so good! I promise it will lift your spirits if your feeling down or it will make you feel even better! 

FUNNY MOMENT: (not really funny more like traumatizing)

Haha okay so we met this kind lady this week and she lives in this tiny house. So Elder Hallewell and I stepped into her house and....oh my fetch. Bugs. Bugs literally EVERYWHERE! Roaches, spiders (of course), centipedes. You name it. But the traumatization doesn't stop there. I walk into her bedroom and I kid you not, two fetching spiders fall from the ceiling and onto my face. I SPRINTED out of that house. I just literally couldn't do it. I starting tearing up and my companion was pretty scarred too. She's a really sweet lady but MAN! Ugh okay I can't talk about this right now. I'm terrified just thinking about it.

Thank you all so much for your amazing support! Hope you all have a great week :) Love you all!

Alma 32: 16-18

- Elder Hanson

P.S. I think I can literally feel myself getting fatter. Ugghhhhhhhhhhhh. It's fine.

Methodists are funny about the election

Speedway is the BEST!

Beautiful OHIO sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment