Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 16 - November 21, 2016 - Gallipolis, Ohio



Hello everyone! Wow this has been one crazy week with transfers, getting a new companion, finding people to teach, and seeing the progress of our investigators! First off, it's hecka cold here now. I have to wear a sweater over my shirt and tie now and I look like a nooooob. Haha it's chill though and it snowed for 30 minutes the other day. I love the snow though! Literally lolz. ANYWAY, yeah this week was amazing!


Sooooo how's the Book of Mormon reading coming along?? It's crazy to think that we are almost done with it! The reason I challenged you all to do the 8.5 pages a day Book of Mormon challenge is that I know God wants us all to be unified as followers of Christ. He knows how happy reading the Book Of Mormon will make you and He will bless you more than you can possibly imagine! 

Also, I have a new companion! Elder Christensen! He's sooooo sik! Just these past few days, he has truly helped me realize my full potential as a missionary. It means a lot! He's a hard worker, he's obedient, and we get along great so no worries here! He's been out 16 months. And yes, we have 3 Thanksgiving meals scheduled on Thanksgiving day so I think we're good haha!!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

D----. She's doing great! We committed her to her baptismal date on January 14th! I know it's a little ways away but we know she will be ready with the marriage thing by then and she says that she is "DETERMINED to be baptized in January!" So keep praying for her that she WILL be ready by that date! 


B----. We were only able to teach him once this week. We did get to read with him Alma 7 which talks about baptism and following Jesus Christ. But for some reason, it just didn't feel right to ask him to be baptized at that moment. So... we are pretty sure we'll ask him to be baptized this week because he wants to follow Jesus Christ and is willing to do anything! Again keep praying for him that he will keep having the desire to follow Jesus Christ!


C----. Okay. HOLY COW! She is truly incredible! She came to church yesterday and we've only taught her once and that was on Friday! She said she just wants a church she and her daughter can call home. And yesterday at church she said that she did. She found home. Also, during gospel principles class, everyone was sharing their conversion stories and she basically shared her conversion story! She told everyone how she met us and how she already knows that this is where she wants to be! AHH! And we're planning on inviting her to be baptized today so we hope that goes well! Keep praying for her that she will continue to progress :) she's awesome!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

Okay so I've kind of already done this one but in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I would like you guys to write down a list of EVERYTHING you're grateful for. Literally anything you can think of. Then afterwards, share that list with a friend or family member and share why you're grateful for all those things! ALSO, on November 25th (friday), the new LDS Christmas initiative "LIGHT the World" video will be up on Mormon.org. I challenge you all to watch it! I've heard it's an incredible video!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So these past couple of days with Elder Christensen, I've been introducing him to investigators, members, etc. Literally every single time I introduced him to someone, they thought he looked like he was 18. Haha he's 19. And they would be like "And Elder Hanson, aren't you like 21?"  I would have to break the bad news to them every single time and say, "No. I'm a young one, 18." Elder Christensen got so frustrated at that and it was hilarious! This happened alot this week. Hahaha!

Thank you all for your amazing support! I love all of you so much! I am truly grateful for all of you in my life! I pray for you guys every single day and I can't thank you enough for your examples! Hope you guys have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!

Helaman 3: 35
Helaman 5: 8-9

- Elder Hanson
Noah and Elder Christensen
Noah and his new companion Elder Christensen from Orem!


No comments:

Post a Comment