Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 17 - November 28, 2016 - Gallipolis, Ohio

Hello everyone! How y'all doin? It's been a very rewarding/challenging week here in Gallipolis, Ohio! Fetch. It's getting so cold here every day now but it gets me excited for Christmas. It's chill (literally lolz). Our Thanksgiving dinners were FIRE!! I wanted to throw all over the walls but it was still great! No, I didn't eat anything too weird. I was actually hoping I would haha! But it's chill! It's good to hear that the family is doing well. How old is Annie again? Could you give her a message for me? "My cousin is less than yours." She'll know what that means haha. And I also forgot to tell you guys! My companion, Elder Christensen is the District Leader. So I guess that makes me Assistant District Leader...or the Assistant TO the District Leader. (Only people that watch The Office will get that reference so don't beat yourself up if you don't get it lolz). He's super dope! We get along great! 

I miss putting up Christmas decorations but it's awesome to see everone here do it! I love it here! It's so pretty. And YES I received my watch on Monday of last week actually, right after emailing you. I guess the mail comes super fast here lolz! Thank you so much! I needed a new watch so bad, goodnessss.

We are almost done with the Book of Mormon! How are all you doing with the Book of Mormon challenge?? Thank you to all those who took on this challenge and those who are planning to! I know you will be greatly blessed because of it and your relationship with Heavenly Father will increase and your Testimony of Jesus Christ will be strengthened as well! 

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Casey. She is so FIRE! She is progressing really well and we were going to set her on date for baptism last week but she got REALLY sick! Like it was bad. She couldn't even hold a 5 minute conversation without throwing up 3 times. So yesterday, I gave her a priesthood blessing with our Ward Mission Leader. It was an amazing experience and was such an honor. Hopefully she'll feel better so that she can continue to progress! Pray for her that she'll feel better and will still want to learn more! She's incredible! 

Donna. So I told you guys last week how we set her on date for baptism on January 14th. She's very committed! She's almost done with all the preparations for marriage! WAHOO! Yesterday she started crying because she was so excited to get married and then be baptized! Keep praying that she stays committed to that date and that everything goes well :)

Chance. So he's a new investigator we started teaching. He's 17 years old and lives with his mom who has cancer. Its just the two of them. He's going into the military but needs to take care of his mom first. We invited him to read the Book of Mormon and then we shared the message of the Restoration. Then in like 3 days, we went back and he said he was 1/4 of the way done with the Book of Mormon! Whaaaat?? GG (good game) Chance! It was awesome! He said he loved it and wanted to know more! We're seeing him today so pray that everything goes well with him this next week :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So did you guys watch the LIGHTtheWORLD video on mormon.org? It talks about different ways we can serve others throughout the month of December and bring Christ back into Christmas. Every day in December there's a new challenge or a new way to serve someone the way Christ served. I'll list them off in my emails every week so you guys can participate in it! It's awesome! 



A Christmas Message from Mormon.org #LIGHTtheWORLD ...

mormon.org

Jesus Christ is a perfect example of serving others. We invite you this Christmas season to #LIGHTtheWORLD and to serve others as Jesus did.


-December 1: WORLDWIDE DAY OF SERVICE


-December 2: Jesus Honored His parents and so can you! (call parents, write a letter to your parents, etc.)


-December 3: Jesus Helped others to see and so can you! (point out a virtue in someone they don't see in themselves)


-December 4: Jesus worshiped his Father and so can you! (pray day and night, attend church, etc.)



FUNNY MOMENT:



So last night, Elder Christensen was on the phone with the Zone Leaders and literally out of nowhere he asks them, "Hey Elder Hanson would LOVE to recite D&C 4 at Zone Meeting this week. Can he do that? He's begging." I literally threw almost everything on my desk at him and then the Zone Leaders were like, "Oh yeah sure! Thanks Elder Hanson!" Elder Christensen just laughed and my salt level was off the charts! But then I realized I have D&C 4 already memorized so it's chill. Haha!



Thank you all for your amazing examples! I love you guys so much and I KNOW Heavenly Father does too! Hope you all have a great week :)


James 1: 5-6

3 Nephi 9: 14


- Elder Hanson
Elder Christensen

Handing out "Light the World" cards

Gallipolis lights

No comments:

Post a Comment