Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 37 - April 17, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Heyyyy y'all! Hope you all had an amazing Easter! What a great time to remember the resurrection of our Savior and Redeemer. I'm so thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the true hope that it brings into my life. The knowledge that I have that someone knows EXACTLY what we have gone through, are currently going through, and will go through in the future brings me a sense of peace. He loves each of us so much! I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!

Holy cow. Okay, it's SO GREEN here! Haha! This is the first time I've been able to see West Virginia in it's "green" stages! My camera was being super weird this week so I haven't gotten a chance to take pictures of it but I will send some next week!! Literally it's so pretty! But if you're DYING to see what it looks like, just google it. Haha! 

Yes! I got mom's package :) (Easter Basket) it was awesome! Except a lot of the eggs broke and candy went everywhere! Haha! I thought it was funny :)
So transfers are on May 4th. So I'll skype for Mother's Day AFTER transfers. 
I'm glad to hear Easter was good :) I miss that tradition of going to grandma's house! Looks like it was fun :)

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Vanessa. So it's been a while since I've mentioned her. She kind of fell off the face of the earth for a little bit but now she's back! She came to church yesterday and her baptismal date is May 6th! It's really really soon so if y'all could pray for her that would be great! She is such an incredible person! 

Christel. (I spelled it wrong last week and said "Crystal" lolz). So she's still super awesome! Unfortunately, she didn't come to church yesterday :/ but she was in the emergency room so that's why. I don't know what exactly happened but as far as I know, she's okay! Haha! She is fully committed to being baptized though! Just keep praying for her that she'll make her baptismal date May 13th! :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So a lot of people have been emailing me and asking me, "How do you get closer to God? How come missionaries are so happy and so close to God?" So for the next couple of weeks, I'm gonna do a "HOW DO YOU GET CLOSER TO GOD?" sections of my email too haha! But to start it off, I'm gonna give a simple primary answer. Prayer. When was the last time that you truly felt a connection with heaven while you prayed? My challenge is that, during the good and the bad times, you KNEEL! "The distance between you and Heavenly Father is as close as your knees are to the ground." Pray to Him. He wants to hear you and what you're going through. Turn to him for EVERYTHING! I promise that you will feel his love surround you. 

FUNNY MOMENT: (more like a "gag me" moment)

So for those of you who don't know, I HATE mayonnaise. Like I hate it with a passion. Anyways, we were at our ward mission leader's house last week and they always feed us. This time, it was GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES. I was like, "Yes! Grilled cheese is so fire!" But as I'm eating the grilled cheese, I notice that it tastes a little funny. It tasted more creamy than cheesy. I looked at the sandwich and I noticed that they had just SHOWERED the grilled cheese sandwich with mayonnaise. I started gagging. I tried to hide it as best I could. I definitely think Heavenly Father helped me get through the meal. Cuz I have no clue how I did it haha!

Anyways I hope you guys have a great week :) remember that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you, and so do I :)

2 Nephi 32: 8

- Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment