Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 35 - April 3, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Hey y'all! Haha okay first of all, can I just say how much I love saying "y'all"?? I've gotten into the habit of saying y'all at the end of every lesson now! I can't help it! But I really love it at the same time. Literally, I don't think I'll be able to stop saying "y'all" for a long while now haha! Second of all, happy birthday Erik on the 8th!! Lol.

So as y'all know, General Conference was this weekend and OH MY GOSH! It was incredible! I hope y'all took that challenge I extended last week to heart about taking notes during conference! Because man! If that wasn't note-worthy I don't know WHAT is! One of my favorite talks was when our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson, talked about how "If ye have not charity, ye are nothing." As a missionary, you find that it's much easier to love the person that you're teaching if you look at them the way that God would see them. No matter the outward appearance or the mistakes they've made, as long as you look at the way God sees them, you'll love them. Without fail.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Michael W! Okay so y'all remember last week when I talked about how Michael left a note on our door? Well we were able to see him twice this week and even put him on date for baptism! We set him on date for April 29th! He is SO ready to get baptized! We still have to teach him quite a bit before that date obviously but he's incredible! Just pray that he makes that date and prepares himself to make that sacred covenant with God :)

Crystal. So she's another new investigator that we found this week :) She, like Michael, is AMAZING! We met her at the food bank that we volunteer at and she told us all about her trials that she was going through. Long story short, she invited us to come over and so we did! She loved the Restoration lesson and didn't want us to leave! She said "This is what I've been waiting for. This is what's going to help me! Thank you!" Ah! She's awesome! She also said that she wants to get baptized :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So I don't know if y'all are aware or not, but the church has come out with a new EASTER INITIATIVE! The initiative is #PrinceOfPeace. And there's a video, like the #LightTheWorld video, on mormon.org. The video talks about how everything that Christ did while he was on the earth, was to bring us peace. And my challenge to y'all this week is to watch that video and SHARE it with someone! Not just share it on social media (but you can do that too). But to tell share it with a specific person and then share your testimony on Jesus Christ and how he's brought peace into your life! It's an incredible video!


FUNNY MOMENT:

So on Tuesday, we had zone conference. And there was a part in zone conference when we all had to make a paper airplane and throw it as far as it would fly. I was pretty proud of the airplane that I made cuz I couldn't remember how to make one in the first place haha! But it looked pretty dang sweet and I was SURE mine would go the farthest. When it was time to throw it, I threw mine with full confidence and it, no joke, went straight up in the air and landed 5 inches in front of me. Needless to say, I was pretty salty for about two seconds. Then I died laughing! Haha!

Thank you ALL for your amazing support and love! I love all you so much and I KNOW that Heavenly Father does too! Have a great week :)

"Why should we love God?...God does not need us to love Him. But oh, how we need to love God! For what we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are--and who we will become." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

- Elder Hanson
Noah and Elder Crook at Zone Conference

The Sister Missionaries in our Ward

Love getting letters!

Hey someone finally spelled my name right

Greg Jensen and Noah at Zone Conference in Pembroke, Virginia

Elder Carlton and Noah


No comments:

Post a Comment