Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 38 - April 24, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Heyy y'all! So first of all, just wanted to update you guys on how much weight I've gained so far on my mish haha! I've gained literally 21 pounds! Haha! I weighed myself this morning and I was like, "Ohhhhhhh crud." I work out and everything but I guess I just like food too much. Anyways, just thought I'd update y'all on that. You're welcome.

I wanna remind everyone about the loving plan our Father in heaven has for us. It's called the Plan of Salvation. This plan tells us where we came from, why we're here on earth, and where we go after we die. As I've come to know this plan since I've been on my mission, it has given me so much hope! Why? Because it's given me an eternal perspective on things when times get tough. There's a reason it's called the "plan of happiness". I invite all of you to study up on Heavenly Father's plan for us. I promise you that you will gain a stronger testimony of the Plan of Salvation and a greater understanding of God's love for each of His children.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Christel. So the other day, we taught her the law of chastity. Man, that was a very interesting lesson. Her neighbors walked in right in the middle of the lesson! She invited them all to sit down and listen to what we had to say.....I was like, "Dang." Haha. It was a good lesson though. She committed to living that commandment so that's good! We also gave her a priesthood blessing that she could live it and everything. It was a huge testimony builder for her and for me as well! She didn't come to church though :( please pray for her that she'll be able to make the date May 13th for her baptism!

Vanessa. She came to church again!! Her baptism is next week and that's so crazy! She's progressed A LOT these past few weeks! We're really excited for her :) just keep praying that she'll be able to overcome any obstacles the adversary throws at her! :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

HOW DO I GET CLOSER TO GOD (part 2)? Diligent Scripture study. Thomas S. Monson taught, "If you are not reading the Book of Mormon, please do so now!" There's so much peace that comes from that book. It testifies of Christ. My challenge is that we all start reading the Book of Mormon again right from the very beginning! Remember how I extended that challenge to y'all a couple months ago? I'm doing it again! Start from the very beginning and read 6 pages a day! You WILL feel closer to God I promise!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So the sister missionaries in my ward here brought an investigator to church yesterday and he's 18 years old. He came up to me and shook my hand and said, "Hi my name's Kris. Yours?" I replied, "Elder Hanson." He looks at me in shock and says, "Whooooaaaaa man. You have the lowest voice on the planet!" I just laughed haha mainly because I'm awkward and didn't know what to say. Then he asked, "How old are you?" I replied, "18". His eyes went wide open. He's like, "DUUUUDE NO WAY! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE 25!" Hahahaha! I died! That's happened to me quite a bit actually on my mission haha. His reaction was the best by far though!

Anyways, love all of you so much! I cannot thank you all enough for the wonderful examples that you are to me. Keep being awesome and have a great week :)

Alma 26: 36-37

- Elder Hanson
The Slender Man Forest

West Virginia is GREEN

Green West Virginia

My Princeton/Bluefield District

No comments:

Post a Comment