Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Week 85 - March 19, 2018 - Buena Vista, Virginia

Hey y'all!! It's your boi. Alright first off, shout out to my number one fan--my mom! Happy Birthday mom!!! I sure am grateful for all the love and support you've given me. I wouldn't be here without you. Thank you for being the example of what a Christ-like person should be :) 

Everyone's having seizures here that Virginia lost in the first round of the NCAA tourney. haha. I have West Virginia going all the way! lolz.

The work is kinda slow with finding new people to teach. We have to heavily rely on the members. And they aren't doing a whole lot haha. It'll be ok though!


UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Brandon. So he's the dad of a part-member family that missionaries have been working with for a while! His main issue is Joseph Smith and his story of the restoration. He needs proof. But we told him on Thursday that even if we were all able to see the golden plates and read them in the language that they're in, we would still have to pray and ask God about it. That struck him. The spirit was pretty strong! We'll see what happens this week with him :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

The challenge this week is to specifically pray for the opportunity to be a missionary to someone else. And the first name that comes to your mind when you pray, write down that name and act on that prompting this week! You never know who is need of your testimony or service. Any small act of kindness can make a world of a difference!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So on Thursday after zone conference, I was putting away the tables and I could faintly hear the sound of a girl rapping. Like really fast rapping. I looked up to see who it was and it was a sister missionary in the zone named Sister Harris. She is the most innocent person I've ever met and she just randomly started rapping really fast and really good too! We're best buds now in case y'all are wondering. Anyways, I thought it was hilarious haha! 

I sure do love all of you! Y'all are amazing! "Keep on keepin' on!" - Abby Bird.

"And here we stand with hearts woven by your hand, using all we know to help bring the children of the Father home...we wanna thank you mom!" - M.O.M by Nashville Tribute Band

- Elder Noah Hanson
Elder Linford and Noah

The SVU Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment