Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 18 - December 5, 2016 - Gallipolis, Ohio

CHICKEN NO SEAFOOD

Wow this week was stressful! But it was also very rewarding! It's insane to think that I've been out for 4 months! Whaaaat? Fetching cray. ALSO, we met this guy named Justin at a less actives house and he RAPS GOSPEL!! We taught him the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and he said he believed it all and then right before we left, he stopped us and said "Hey! Y'all wanna hear somethin?" Then he started spittin straight gospel fire at us and was actually really good! If at all possible, look him up on youtube.

 My driving isn't as bad as I thought it'd be! lolll. I'm actually super fire at driving here even though the roads are narrow as fetch! Seriously, the roads in Utah are so wide it isn't even funny. That's awesome to hear how you had the missionaries over for dinner. Trust me. Missionaries LOVE IT when we get fed by members. So keep doing it!! Gronk's out for the year??? Fetch! That stinks. Brady is still fire becoming the winningest NFL QB of all time!!! Go Patriots!!

I finished the Book of Mormon! How are you guys doing with that challenge?? Crazy to think that I gave that challenge almost 3 months ago! Hopefully you've seen the blessings that come from reading the Book of Mormon and hopefully your testimony has grown about the truthfulness of it. 

UPDATES ON INVESTIGATORS:

Kasey. Okay so she is why this week was so stressful haha but I don't mean that in a mean way! She's still so FIRE and she accepted the invitation to be baptized! We originally set her on date for December 17th but then literally today we decided to move it to December 21st. We moved it because she has only come to church once and we'd have to teach her ALL the lessons by Friday this week. That would mean we teach her every day this week which wouldn't be possible. BUT she is for sure getting baptized on the 21st! So just keep praying for her that she can prepare well for that date! Yes!

Brian Coleman. So he's a new investigator we picked up this week through a member. We taught him the restoration of the gospel on Tuesday and he said he believed all of it to be true and wanted to be baptized! AHH! So we set him on date for December 31st! Hopefully I don't get transferred before then or I'll be as sad as I was when I found out Dobby died in Harry Potter. Anyway, he's so sik and he came to church yesterday and was really involved with everything! It was awesome!

CHALLENGE(S) OF THE WEEK:

So my challenges throughout December will just be the LIGHTtheWORLD challenges! They are new ways to serve like Christ did every single day in December! Hopefully you guys have watched the LIGHTtheWORLD video and can already see how doing service for others is a simple way to bring Christ back into Christmas!

Dec. 5: Jesus healed the sick and so can you! (sign up to be an organ donor, pray for someone that's sick)
Dec. 6: Jesus read the scriptures and so can you! (study the scriptures in the morning, post favorite scripture on social media, text a scripture to someone who's feeling down)
Dec. 7: Jesus fed the hungry and so can you! (Invite a neighbor to dinner, read John 6: 35)
Dec. 8: Jesus prayed for others and so can you! (say a prayer for someone struggling, pray as a family for loved ones)
Dec. 9: Jesus visited the lonely (invite a widow or widower to dinner, call someone you know is feeling lonely)
Dec 10: Jesus Helped people to walk and so can you! (help an elderly person cross the street, donate old crutches)
Dec 11: Jesus Ministered to children and so can you! (purchase a picture of Jesus for your child or sibling's room, teach your child or sibling about how much Jesus loves them)

FUNNY MOMENT:

Okay so most of you know that I'm allergic to seafood right? So anyway, we went to a chinese buffet on Saturday and our waitresses name was Junie. She barely spoke english. I tried to explain to her how they need to be careful when cooking my chicken along with seafood next to it so that it doesn't touch my chicken. She was SO confused. She finally just looked at me like I was stupid and said "You confused bout chicken? No worry. Chicken is not seafood." I finally just gave up and said "Ok." Haha! Don't worry I'm fine! My chicken was not seafood! 

Thank you all for your love and support! I love all of you so much and pray for you guys every day! Have a great week!

Ether 12: 27
Moroni 8: 3 (a message from me to you guys)

- Elder Hanson
My favorite "BIRD" tie!

Holding my end up in Gallipolis

Me and Elder Wasden on a split

Me and Elder Wilson - He's the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment