Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 28 - February 13, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Wow. These past few days have been pretty overwhelming I'll admit. Literally EVERYTHING is NEW! New companion, new area, new ward, new investigators, and my first time in a leadership position. It's a little scary but I'm doing fine! I'll adapt well I'm sure of it, I just gotta remember that there is no growth in a comfort zone. I am praying a lot :-)

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Mike and Katelyn. So they're a married couple and I met them for the first time on my first day here. We taught the Plan of Salvation and it went, overall, pretty well. We invited both of them to be baptized on March 25th! So please pray for them because they're both pretty scared to be baptized but they have the DESIRE to be baptized. They're awesome :)

Trish. So she is a very stubborn person. But she was willing to listen to the restoration lesson and it went well up until Joseph Smith. She's just needs to learn more about his role as a prophet. But we told her to pray about it and she said she would. She invited us back so hopefully we'll see some progression there :) 

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

"Be thou an example unto the believers." This is something I've really come to focus on this week because of being the District Leader. My challenge to you guys this week is to just be a good example to all those around you. Because you never know who is watching you. And also, if you find it difficult to be the good example for people around you, just remember that you are never alone when you stand up for what's right. Heavenly Father will always be on your side if you do what's right.

FUNNY MOMENT:

So I was calling everyone in my district the first night I got here so that I could introduce myself and everything. And my companion, Elder Roberts, kept making these weird goat noises the whole time just to throw me off while I was talking to people. And these sister missionaries were like, "Why does it sound like you have a goat in your apartment?" So I don't know if my district thinks I'm very professional right now haha. I know that moment wasn't very funny but I thought it was hilarious for some reason. Haha!

I love all of you so much! Thank you for your awesome examples! You all mean a lot to me and hope you have a great week!

John 14: 26-27

- Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment