Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 29 - February 21, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Hey y'all! So I'll admit, this has definitely been the hardest week of my mission so far. I've been faced with a lot of challenges that have done their absolute best to shake my faith. I can already tell that I'm growing a lot from this area and I've only been here for 2 weeks. However, although things are getting harder and harder, I look at it as a blessing. If y'all remember that song I told you about a couple months ago called "Blessings" by Laura Story, that song has yet again been a huge help to me this week. "What if trials of this life, the rain, the storms, the hardest nights, are your mercies in disguise?"

Princeton is awesome! It's right on the border of West Virginia and Virginia. I have Bluefield Sister missionaries, Peterstown sister missionaries, and Pembroke Elders in my district. I also have the zone leaders in my district! I love my district so much! They are all really hard workers. 

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Vanessa. I can't remember if I told you guys about her already but she's an awesome lady who is on date for baptism on March 18th! She really wants to turn her life around because she's been through A LOT! She loves the church but she hasn't showed up to church yet...so that's something we gotta work on with her if she wants to be baptized on that date. But I'm optimistic and I think she'll make it :) just pray for her that she'll be able to make it :)

We're really struggling trying to find NEW people to teach. This is a tough area so definitely pray for me and my companion that we'll be able to find those who are truly ready to hear and accept the gospel :) that would be awesome! Hopefully we'll find some this week :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

What is your favorite Mormon message? If you have one, SHARE it on social media! I'm always saying that the best way to strengthen your testimony is to SHARE it, so SHARE your favorite Mormon message on social media. Because a testimony isn't just what you say, it's who you are!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So we literally have the best bishop. He was telling us a story on Sunday about his first kiss. He said that he was pretty sick when he went on the date with this girl named Jenna but he didn't wanna miss the date so he went anyways. He said that at the end of the date he was walking up to the door with her and he coughed. Then a huge loogie fell out of his mouth and into her hair. She realized something was in her hair a couple minutes later and said, "Ew why is there gum in my hair?" And then, to distract her, he kissed her. Hahaha she's now his wife. They're awesome!

Thank you all for your prayers and support towards me during this difficult time. I truly love all of you so much!

Alma 26: 11-12

- Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment