Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 30 - February 27, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Heyyyy y'all! This week was a little bit better than last week! So it's gradually getting better here in Princeton haha! We've been teaching quite a bit though and finding potential investigators! We're just still really struggling trying to find new people to teach. Also, it got really cold like out of nowhere. It was literally 70 degrees the other day and then yesterday it was 40! Like what the actual? Haha!

So on Friday, my comp was really really down. And we were at the library and I was trying to find an article, song, just something that would make my comp feel better. And I came across this really awesome song called "Overcomer" by Mandisa. It talks about when you feel discouraged or you're just going through a tough trial, God reminds you that you're an overcomer. But in order to overcome our trials we need to turn to Him and remember the One who lifts us. It's now our favorite song to listen to haha! 


UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Vanessa. So unfortunately, we're gonna have to move her baptismal date. She didn't come to church yesterday because apparently someone broke into her house and she was scared to come out of her trailer. Which seems legit. She really is a great lady, but she just keeps having these series of unfortunate events happen to her. So we're not giving up on her! Just pray for her. She really is struggling right now and needs all the prayers she can get!

Oh my gosh ok it was sooooo cool yesterday. So we were getting pretty down on ourselves because we literally could not find people to teach. Then I was like, "Okay let's just try this one last house" and my comp wasn't up for it AT ALL. But I forced him to do it haha. So we knock on the door and this Hispanic lady named Vicki answers and steps outside to talk to us. So we talk to her for a bit and then her WHOLE FAMILY came out and talked to us. She's a single mom with SEVEN kids! Ahhhh! They invited us back later this week and said they were really really interested. Literally the witness comes after the trial of your faith! It was so awesome!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

This one may be a bit tricky for some but it doesn't hurt to try! So we all know someone who isn't a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and something that wouldn't hurt to try is to ask them if they'd be interested in talking to the local missionaries in their area! I know that sounds really scary to do but I promise it doesn't hurt to try. If they reject the offer, then you can at least say you tried. But this gospel needs to be heard throughout the world and it all starts with an invitation to learn!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So we were tracting yesterday and there was a house that we came across with a huge gate around it. There was also a big dog inside the gate and I was like "Yeahhhhh no" at first but then I realized that the dog was blind. Like literally blind. And I thought I'd have fun with that. So I whistled at the dog and it jumped up and ran right towards me. Then BOOM! He runs straight into the gate like really hard. And then it started to cry. Like literally it started crying and I felt like the devil. But I was also laughing really hard which made me feel even worse about the whole situation hahaha. I know I'm the worst.

Thank you all for your love and support towards the work! You guys are awesome and I hope you all have a great week! Love you guys :)

D&C 18: 15

- Elder Hanson
My Princeton apartment

Enjoying PDay!

Transfer from Gallipolis

My Grandpa Hanson is 86 today! Miss you Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment