Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 31 - March 6, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

So this week was soooo much better than these past couple of weeks have been. There is not a single doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father is getting me through this trial. I have a firm testimony that Heavenly Father loves every SINGLE one of His children and that's why I'm out here on a mission is to share that love. Yes, I needed a reminder of why I came out here but I know that this trial was Heavenly Father's way of reminding me. I love this gospel and I'm so grateful for the impact it has had on my life. 

So we were at this part member family's home on Friday and they have like 5 kids and 3 of them were sick. Instantly I was like, "I'm gonna get sick". The mom was like, "Don't worry, what they have isn't contagious. You'll be fine I promise." So we taught them our lesson and everything and then as we were leaving, one of the girls that was sick sneezes on me while she was hugging me. And I was like, "You're kidding". Next day, I was sicker than a dog. Hahahaha. My immune system literally is the worst. But I'm better now!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

So we weren't able to visit Vicki and her family this week cuz they were all sick. BUT we were able to pick up the dad! (lolz last week I said she was a single mom but I guess I lied whoops). But yeah the Dad invited us back and he even told us that he "hates preachers that go around and knock on strangers doors" haha. So I guess we got on his good side :)

David Oaks. He's a new investigator and he's our neighbor! He is actually super cool! He was really accepting of the message and even understood that you need to have the authority to baptize or else "it's pointless" in his own words haha. But he's so awesome! 

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So something that I did on Saturday while I was sick was I wrote down in my journal the different ways I saw God's hand in my life that day. And wow. You literally don't realize how much God blesses you throughout your day until you actually sit down and think about what he's done for you that day. Even the little things. So my challenge to you guys is that you do the same. Tonight, write down the ways that you saw God's hand in your life that day and I PROMISE you that you will be humbled greatly and your love for our Heavenly Father will increase.

FUNNY MOMENT:

So I was at this place called "Bojangles" for dinner on Friday and this teenage girl takes my order. She then asks, "Can I get a name for this order?" I say, "Hanson". She looks at my name-tag and writes something down that makes the other teenage girls behind her giggle. I was like, "Da fetch did she write?" And then she hands me the receipt and it says "Handsome" instead of Hanson. Then she was like, "Oh crap! I forgot that the names print out on the receipts! I promise I'm not weird!" Hahahahaha I was laughing so hard. I was just like, "Thanks...I guess haha". 

Thank you all for your love and support and your prayers! I truly love all of you so much and I hope you all have an awesome week!

Moroni 7: 48

- Elder Hanson
Sheep!

Happiness and the Ukulele

Burning my tie

The best district ever!

The Princeton District!

No comments:

Post a Comment