Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week 39 - May 3, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Ayyyy y'all! It's your boi Elder Hanson! Hope you guys haven't forgotten about me yet ;) okay so transfers are this week and it's been pretty crazy finding out who's leaving and who's staying. So Elder Roberts is leaving and I'm staying here in Princeton! And guess what?? I'M TRAINING!! Pretty crazy right? My new comp is gonna be coming fresh outta the MTC! I'm honestly so humbled and honored that the Lord and my mission president trust me enough to show the ropes of missionary work to another missionary. It's gonna be a great experience :)

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Christel....so I got some bad news. And y'all know I don't like sharing bad news but I just thought I'd update y'all. She dropped us. Her boyfriend didn't like the law of chastity lesson that we had with her and he told her that she couldn't visit with us anymore. She really really wants to live the law of chastity but she isn't in a good circumstance where she can do that on her own right now. She was sad to turn us away but I was weirdly not too sad about it. The spirit comforted me during that time and assured me that we had planted a good seed in her. Hopefully missionaries in the future will be able to teach her again :)

Vanessa. She's doing great! So we had to push her baptismal date to May 13th just so that we can be fully sure that she's ready! And she said that it worked better for her that way anyways so it all worked out :) Her baptismal interview is on Friday and I'm so excited for her! On Sunday at church, she asked me to baptize her. I'm, again, very humbled and honored that I get the privilege of baptizing her. She's been prepared for so long and now she finally gets the chance to do what she's been wanting to do for a while! Please please pray for her that everything will go well for her baptism :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

HOW DO I GET CLOSER TO GOD (part 3)? Service. Literally, you are CONSTANTLY serving other people on missions. There's a reason they say "Called to SERVE"! If you haven't started already, look for opportunities to serve other people! It doesn't even have to be a huge thing. Any act of service is great in God's eyes. Because, "...when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2: 17.

FUNNY MOMENT:

Okay so we were walking into an appointment with this older lady who we hadn't seen in a while and she answers the door and says "HURRY! Come in!" So we walk in and she walking really fast to the other room for some reason. She yells, "My favorite movie is almost finished!" So I yell back, "Ok, we'll just chill here for a sec!" And right after I yelled that, I heard the familiar and wonderful theme of Harry Potter coming from the room she ran off to. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me tell ya. I've never fangirled so hard in my life than in that very moment. I was kinda freaking out but it's fine. But eventually it ended and we were able to sit with her and teach her haha!

Love you all so much :) I hope all y'all have a great week! Keep on keepin' on!

1 Nephi 13: 37

- Elder Hanson
On splits with the Zone Leaders

Elder Hunsaker and the Zone Leaders

Double Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment