Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 40 - May 8, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Hey y'all! So wow this week was full of crazy events because of transfers and all that good stuff. But I got to meet my trainee on Thursday! And guess what?? His name is Elder Christensen from West Jordan, Utah! I got ANOTHER Elder Christensen haha! That was like the first thing I said to him when I met him. "You're my second Elder Christensen!" Haha! He's adjusting to the missionary life pretty well so far! We're having a blast! Ever since we've met each other, we've been able to be really really diligent in the work and see the blessings that come from it! We got SIX potential investigators yesterday just by knocking on doors for an hour! It was awesome! And I am still the District Leader here.
Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PADRE tomorrow!! Love you!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Vanessa. She's on fire!! She passed her baptismal interview and she is getting baptized this Saturday!! Wahooo!!!! We still have some lessons to teach her but she's fully ready to make that sacred covenant :) thank you for all your prayers and support for her! Please continue to pray that all goes well with the baptism on Saturday :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So throughout my mission, I've been telling people, when I invite them to church, to bring a question in their mind and write it down before they come. Then I promise them that their question will always be answered! And it seems to work for a lot of the people that I ask to do that so I decided that I should try that this week. And oh man. It works!! I thought of a question that I've had for a while now and wrote it down and brought it to church with me. I got an answer almost right away during someone's talk. It was incredible! So my challenge is that each of you think of a question that's been weighing on your mind and write it down and pray about it. Then bring it to church. I promise you that that question WILL be answered! No doubt in my mind!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So during the first day with Elder Christensen, we went tracting (knocking on doors). And he was a little bit nervous, as was expected. But after the very first door that we knocked on, the lady slammed the door in our faces. Haha. I turned to Elder Christensen and said, "Your first rejection! How does it feel?" He paused..."IT WAS AWESOME! LET'S GO GET REJECTED AGAIN!" Hahaha! I died! We're having a blast together!

Thank you all for your love and support! I cannot thank you guys enough for your examples and for your testimonies each week! Love you so much! Have a great week!

2 Nephi 32: 8-9

Elder Noah Hanson
My old District before transfers

My new companion Elder Christensen from West Jordan, Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment