Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Week 43 - May 31, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Howdy y'all! So I'm sorry I'm the worst and didn't email on Monday or Tuesday. Let me explain. Monday was because of Memorial Day and everything was closed and all that good stuff. Tuesday, the internet in all of Princeton was closed down. I was like "Are you kidding???" But now it's up and running and everything is fine and dandy! Sorry for the scare lolz. What? There's a new Pirates movie? I wanna see it so bad. Ugh!

Okay wow so miracle after miracle happened this week! We found 6 new investigators this week and it was so fire! And they're all pretty solid investigators! We set 2 of them on date for July 8th. I'll let you know the details in a sec but yeah this week was pretty bomb to say the least!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Bonnie. Okay so she is the definition of "someone prepared for the gospel"! Seriously though! She was a referral from church headquarters and we drove to her house which was like 15 miles away! It straight wrecked our miles on our car but it's fine. Then we get there and introduce her to the restoration and the Book of Mormon and she says, "Wow! This is great! I want my husband and daughter in on this!" And then the husband walked in and said he couldn't talk to us at the moment because he was heading out but he said he wants to meet with us on Saturday along with his wife! The miracles that come from diligence and obedience are fo' real!!

Vicki & Ed. So Vicki was a former investigator and we picked her back up along with her husband Ed! We went over the restoration with them and they loved it! We put them on date for baptism for July 8th and they're very committed to it! WAHOO! 

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So y'all have heard me say this before but always remember that EVERY MEMBER OF THE CHURCH IS A MISSIONARY! Once you are baptized, you promise Heavenly Father that you will spread the gospel. In D&C 4: 3 it says, "If ye have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work." Last week I challenged y'all to share your testimony in some way, shape, or form! I'm challenging all of y'all this week to share your testimony with a nonmember! It might be scary, but I promise you that you will be blessed and that you won't regret it! I know you can do it!

FUNNY MOMENT:

Okay so y'all know that I always say things like "That's so FIRE!" or "This tastes FIRE!" Meaning that it's really cool or it's really good! Haha! I'm dumb I know. But I just want to share that I've gotten almost our whole ward here saying "fire!" and majority of this ward are elderly people and it's the funniest thing I've ever seen! Haha! So just thought I'd update y'all on me spreading, not only the gospel, but my slang as well.

Anyways, I seriously love all of y'all! Thank you for your love and support and I'll talk to you on Monday :) have a grrrrreat week!

D&C 4: 5-7

- Elder Hanson
Camp Creek Falls West Virginia

Camp Creek Falls

Elder Christensen and Me at Camp Creek Falls

Awesome day!

Shots of the Ol' apartment

Kind of made my bed

Top side view

Awesome Family named the Sacketts from Layton took this photo of Noah and Elder Christensen in WV


No comments:

Post a Comment