Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Week 41 - May 15, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Hey y'all! Wow!! This week was awesome! I mean we had a baptism so I guess you could say this week ROCKED! Vanessa Cox got baptized on Saturday! WAHOOOOO!! I'll talk a little bit more about that here in a sec but yep! She's officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!! Ayyo! Plus I got to Skype my family on Mother's Day! That was so fun but it went by too fast.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Annette. Okay so since you haven't ever seen this name before, obviously that means she's a brand new investigator! Haha! She is sooooo awesome! We tracted into her and apparently missionaries in the past had come by and taught her but they never gave her a Book of Mormon....?? Like what the heck? We sat down with her and taught the Restoration and she stopped us and was like, "I...already feel that this is all true. I need this." Miracles!!! We were able to set her on date for June 17th! Wahoo! So please pray that everything will work out for her to make that date! She's ready!

Vanessa. Soooooo she got baptized! Wahoo! The baptism went really well :) however, everything about the baptism program fell apart last minute! So many people couldn't make it that were supposed to give talks and bear testimonies and stuff like that! BUT it all worked out because we have awesome members that are always ready to do stuff last minute haha! Vanessa was really really nervous before the baptism holy cow. But I said a prayer with her and she seemed to calm down a little after that. She's happy as can be now haha! Now the next step is to get her to the temple! :) I baptized her and Elder Christensen did his first confirmation too!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

HOW DO I GET CLOSER TO GOD (part 4)? Speaking of temples, one of the greatest ways that you can feel truly close to God is by attending the temple frequently! I cannot tell you how much I miss the temple! When you attend the temple, you can hear the Lord so clearly. There's no distractions. Just you and the Lord. I strongly encourage all of y'all to attend the temple at least ONCE this week! You will feel so much closer to your Heavenly Father and you will learn so much more about his loving plan for each of us I promise!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So for district meeting, we played a game where I brought over "Harry Potter: Bertie Bott's every flavor beans" and there's a lot of nasty flavored jelly beans in that box. There's vomit, booger, rotten egg, dirt, etc. And so we all had to close our eyes and pick one out of the box and put it in our mouths right away no matter what the flavor was! When I popped it into my mouth....I realized I had rotten egg. I went to the closest trashcan and basically threw it up haha! Sorry it's kind of a gross funny moment but I guess that's what I get for trying to torture my district with this cruel game. 

Thank you all for your amazing support and love! I truly love all of you so so much! Hope you all have a great week and stay safe :)

"We must remember how much our Heavenly Father and His Son love us." - Vern P. Stanfill

1 Nephi 8: 11-12

- Elder Hanson
Noah on Skype!

Laughing with his brothers on Skype

Noah loves Harry Potter!

With Elder Aubrey

Vanessa's baptism

Skype with Elder Christensen and Noah


No comments:

Post a Comment