Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 59 - September 18, 2017 - Morgantown, West Virginia

Ayyy y'all! Soooo this week was pretty good for the most part! We're teaching quite a bit and getting to know more and more people! We also had a little bit of a scary experience on Wednesday. So before Elder Prince got to Morgantown, he got bit by a brown recluse spider and it got to the point where we decided to go to the ER on Wednesday because there's this hole in his leg now. He seemed a lot more calm about it than I was haha. I just hate spiders with a fiery passion so yeah. But they ended up just giving him some antibiotics and he's doing a lot better now! Haha! So I mean that's good. This experience has solidified my hatred for spiders hahaha. 

OK SO AS PROMISED! I'm gonna talk about the Elder Cook conference last weekend! Holy cow! It was sooooo good! He talked a lot about how as members of the church we need to work as a TEAM if we want this great work to progress. It's really true. That's one of the reasons I do the "CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK" portion of my emails every week. Because as we work together to move this work forward, we can all grow closer to our Heavenly Father TOGETHER and fulfill His commandment of sharing the gospel of Christ with those around us.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Jeremy and Cassie. So this week, we're gonna teach Jeremy what's called "the stop-smoking workshop". It's designed to eliminate the urge for the use of tobacco in a week! He just has to follow the certain steps to accomplish it. So please please pray that he'll be receptive to it and be able to stop smoking so that he can be that much closer to being baptized!!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So in 2 weeks, we get to hear from our beloved Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and the 12 Apostles and members of the Quorum of the 70. So the challenge THIS week is to PREPARE for the messages that are gonna be shared. Look up previous conference talks to spiritually prepare yourself and to remind you about the important messages that were shared. 

FUNNY MOMENT:

Ok so just about everyone in this zone knows that I love Harry Potter right? So we were on exchanges with these elders in our zone and we were at a Taco Bell (I've eaten there like 3 times this week). I sat down with the elders and one of the elders named Elder Curtis leans in to Elder Prince and says out loud (to make sure I heard), "Hey you know what's really stupid? Harry Potter." I was pretty salty at first because I thought he was serious but then I realized he was just being a ding dong. Haha! Then they got me talking about Harry Potter for like 15 minutes after that.......I have a problem.

Anyways, LOVE Y'ALL! I hope you guys have a safe and fun week! Don't do anything I wouldn't do! And if you do, take pics! 

3 Nephi 1: 13

- Elder Hanson
Brown Recluse Spiders - Yikes!

Elder Prince during study time

Elder Cornwall and Noah

Elder Decker and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment