Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 60 - September 25, 2017 - Morgantown, West Virginia

Heyy y'all! This week has been a little different than my more recent ones haha. As you guys know, I don't like putting negative things in my emails because missionary work is a positive thing! But I thought I'd let you guys know what's kinda gone through my head this past week:

So as a missionary, it's common and easy to get down on yourself. For a lot of reasons. And recently I just haven't felt like I've been living up to my potential lately but at the same time I feel like I've become the best missionary I've ever been. This past week, I was really struggling with those thoughts. However, I know that Satan was really trying to just get me distracted from the work and unfortunately, it kinda worked. Once I realized that, I started to realize that God doesn't care about where you've been in your life but He cares about where you are RIGHT NOW. And right now, I know that the work needs to be hastened. I'm never gonna let those kind of thoughts distract me again because I know what God sees great potential in all His children. HE'S the one that created us. That knowledge alone tells us that we really can become what He wants us to be, but only if we LET Him.

We also went on a fun hayride and service project this week with the Cheat River Ward. Great way to get to know the members better!


UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Jeremy and Cassie. They're both doing fine. Not much is going on with them right now. Unfortunately, we didn't teach him the stop smoking workshop but that's the plan in the near future. Right now we're just trying to figure out what both of them need right now :) so pray that we'll be able figure out how to best help them this week!

Julia. She's a new investigator who's awesome!!! Like she's straight fire!! Her husband barely speaks english. But that's OK. She's someone who was truly prepared by the Lord and is ready to receive the gospel :).

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So this week General Conference. First of all, WOW that's crazy. Second of all, the challenge this week is gonna be the same thing that I challenged y'all to do the past conferences, TAKE NOTES. Because these speeches that we're about to listen to are coming DIRECTLY from the Lord. Write down how you can align your life more with Christ's. So stoked!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So Elder Prince got this laser that shoots for like 10 miles! This is funny cuz we really like to play with it especially when it gets dark and we're just outside tracting or something. It's kinda fun to mess with cats, dogs, and other specimens...like people. Haha!

Love y'all! Stay safe and know that I am so thankful for your incredible examples in my life! 

D&C 121: 7-9

- Elder Hanson
Hay ride with the Cheat River Ward

Hay ride with the Cheat river Ward members

Sick WV hats at the Mall

Harry Potter in WV!

Sooooo tired


No comments:

Post a Comment