Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 62 - October 9, 2017 - Morgantown, West Virginia

Heyyyy y'allll! Wow! This week FLEW by! I can't believe it's already time to write another email! Hahaha! I don't even know what time is anymore cuz I feel like it isn't a thing on the mission. Like Elder Prince and I both realized that we only have 10 months left!! Whaaaaat? Holy cow! Time truly does fly by when you're having fun sharing the gospel with others :)

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS AND LESS ACTIVES:

John and Kristy. So John is a member but Kristy is not! A member of our ward referred them to us and we were able to teach them! Kristy is a Baptist but she seems pretty sincere in learning more about the gospel so that's exciting! We're gonna see them again this week so just pray that she'll be able to read the Book of Mormon and feel it's truth! :)

Schnopps. The Schnopps family have not been to church in a while and they used to have missionaries over all the time! But we got there and felt that the relationship that they had with the missionaries was just completely gone. We're gonna try to figure out how we can gain their trust again in us and build that relationship with them. So pray for them as well that their hearts might be softened as well!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So this one is gonna be tough for some but it'll be worth it! Haha! So being in Morgantown I notice that a lot of students have their faces literally in their phones all the time! It's kinda sad actually. So my challenge to all of y'all is to turn off your phones one night this week and just spend quality time with your family or close friends. Don't get distracted from what's really important in the eternal scheme of things!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So yesterday a member was holding a baby named "Justice" while she was talking to me. And I noticed the baby was smiling a lot at me and I just turned to Justice and said "Hey Justice!". 
The member turned to Justice and said "Whoa! She never smiles at boys! I guess she has a crush on you! Breathe it in Elder Hanson! It's not like any other girls in Morgantown are gonna want ya." 
Ouch. Hahaha I didn't even know how to respond to that. I mean I'm not trying to impress anybody anyways but come on lady!

And, Also fun fact, so this kid was selling football flags for his school band and so I bought one ($10) and it was a New England Patriots flag! But when I got it this week, it was a freaking Green Bay flag. I was NOT HAPPY! haha

Anyways, love you all so much! Thanks for everything and all the support :) truly blessed! Stay safe and keep on keepin' on!

D&C 88: 84

- Elder Noah Hanson
10 Months left!

On the way to the Holler!

We made tons of French Toast


No comments:

Post a Comment