Thursday, October 19, 2017

Week 63 - Morgantown, West Virginia - Oct 18, 2017

Ayyyy y'all!! So as you can guess from my subject title, we had transfers this week! And good news! I'm staying in Morgantown for another 6 weeks with Elder Prince! I truly feel like there's a lot more I can do here and so I'm very happy I'm staying. We've got a lot of good people we're teaching and I'm hyped to see all of them progress! 

Also we did pumpkin carving this morning with a bunch of missionaries! It was really fun! I struggle at pumpkin carving. I tried carving "DK" (cuz donkey kong) and it kind of worked out. I'll send a picture of my art skillz and you'll see what I mean. Haha! Everybody else's are sik! And then there's me...haha. Oh whale.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS and LESS ACTIVES:

John and Kristy. They're doing good for the most part. We just need to actually sit down and teach them. They're having some struggles but we're hoping to teach them this week! Just keep praying for their progression cuz there really is SO MUCH POTENTIAL! 

Julia. She's doing great! We saw her this week and she's still as awesome as ever! She's planning on coming to church this week :) so that's exciting! Just keep praying for her as well! We're trying to figure out how we can get her husband who has a hard time speaking english involved. Pray for that as well. Haha. 

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

Who has blessed your life recently? Tell that person how much you mean to them and what they've done to bless your life! As you express your love to someone, you'll be spreading Heavenly Father's love as well. "The gospel is what connects hearts and relationships." - Elder Cook

FUNNY MOMENT:

So we did another booth a couple of days ago to try to find some people to teach! And at the booth, we tried pulling people in by saying "Hi how are you?" or "Do you have a few moments we ask you a question?" And there was one girl and her friends that walked by me and I was like "Hey how y'all doing?" and one of the girls just stared at me weirdly and then whispered to her friends "That's a weird looking tie." 
I was like......you're kidding. College people here aren't the nicest all the time. hahaha. 

Love y'all! Hope you guys have a safe and fun week :) talk to y'all on monday!

D&C 31 (my favorite missionary section in the Doctrine and Covenants)

- Elder Hanson

FOOOOOGGGGGGG!

Fog Pic

Morgantown Zone

Cammo Bros

Fall is here

The creeping Fog

Cammo and Fog

Pumpkin Carving Skills


No comments:

Post a Comment