Monday, November 20, 2017

Week 68 - November 20, 2017 - Morgantown, West Virginia

Whattup y'all!! Well this week was another good one! More so because we had a member of the Seventy come see us in Charleston!! Elder Foster came and spoke to all of us on Friday. He focused a lot on how there's a lot of missionaries that seem to not think they're good enough. He made it very clear to us what our purpose was as missionaries and that we are "fine just the way we are". It was something I really needed and I'm so grateful for it! But this principle applies to all of us as members of Christ's church. "As long as you are a little better than you were yesterday, that is enough." - Elder Ballard. Also, as a zone we matched ties/maroon attire to the mission tour! I love this zone!

Also, we are set for Thanksgiving. We are playing football then eating at a member's house. We are all set. Transfers are next week and there is a chance I could be moved. We'll see. It's soooooo cold here. I saw snow yesterday. 

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Tom. I freaking love this man. Haha! He's progressing very well! He came to church AGAIN yesterday and he LOVED it! His 
baptismal interview is this week on Saturday so please pray for him that he'll be able to pass with ease. Although, I'm not too worried about him. He's for sure ready!
Sara. So we haven't been able to contact her much this week. However, she texted us 
yesterday wanting to meet with us soon this 
week hopefully! So pray that we'll be able to teach her soon! She's FOR SURE ready haha!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So in spirit of Thanksgiving being this week, I challenge all of y'all to WRITE DOWN all the things that you are truly grateful for! You can be as specific as you wanna be with it. Then 
afterwards, pray to your loving Heavenly 
Father and give Him a prayer of just thanks. 



Nothing but thanks. There's so much to be grateful for nowadays! 

FUNNY MOMENT:

So there was this man that Elder Prince and I visited this week and we couldn't help but notice that this man had a bunch of cigarettes everywhere and some beer cans (not opened) by the couch. But earlier he told us 
that he wasn't struggling with any of those things? So after the lesson, we walk outside and Elder Prince slips out... HAHaHahahaha! We just tossed them out later but it was hilarious! It's all good though. We're not in trouble with him. haha.

Anyways, I truly am so grateful for all of you. Your examples mean more than the world to me. Thank you to all who have supported me from the very beginning! Love you guys. Stay cool and stay safe :) HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 Nephi 32: 8-9  
And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.  But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.

- Elder Noah Hanson


Morgantown Zone

Noah and Elder Tippetts

Noah and Elder Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment