Monday, November 27, 2017

Week 69 - November 27, 2017 - Morgantown, West Virginia

Hey y'all!!! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving this week! It was a great Thanksgiving over here! HOLY COW I felt like a fat blob afterwards though. I guess that's usually how you feel after thanksgiving dinner - am I right or am I right? I'm right. Anyways, this week I found out that I'm officially leaving Morgantown, WV. I'm actually pretty bummed about leaving but I'm so grateful that I've had the chance to serve here. I've grown to love the people here and have grown to love the missionaries around me. I'm gonna miss Elder Prince but it's time for a new adventure! I'll find out where I'm going on Wednesday! I've learned a lot of lessons this week that I will cherish forever.

One of those lessons is that this work is truly the Lord's work. With the upcoming baptisms that I'll be missing next transfer, I've been a little down about missing them, not gonna lie. But I've come to the realization that it's not about ME. It's about THEM. It's about the people you serve and the progress THEY make in the gospel. Yes, I've grown from the experiences I've had but in all reality-it's about helping OTHERS. I'm so happy for all of God's children that are coming to KNOW the gospel and who are coming closer to their Savior, Jesus Christ. The church is so freaking true y'all. Haha!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Tom. So he's still doing great; however, we had to push his baptismal date to December 16th. We're gonna be reviewing some things with him and then he should be good to go! He came to church again yesterday and even participated in sunday school! How dope is that? Haha! I'll tell y'all when I get the word that he's been baptized soon! Haha!

Sara. So we FINALLY got to teach her yesterday! She's now on date for December 16th too! She's so freaking prepared it's not even funny haha. I'll keep y'all updated on her as well :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So this year's Christmas initiative is once again-LIGHTtheWORLD! There's another video this year about it on lds.org! The challenge this week is to SHARE that video with those around you! And do the challenges that are set for every day in December! :) We get to do it again! Freaking dope!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So on Thanksgiving day, we had what's called a "Turkey Bowl" in the morning. It's basically just a football game for those of you who don't know. You know who you are. Anyways, since it had been like 15 1/2 months since I've actually PLAYED football, I was SO SORE from playing the next morning. Elder Prince and I woke up the next morning and we both were just like "Ehhh...I hurt all over." Haha! Thanks football. Oh how I've missed ya.


Love y'all! I hope you guys have a good and safe week! "Keep on keepin' on!" - Abby Bird

"Perfect is not the destination. It's the journey!"

- Elder Noah Hanson
Tracting with Elder Cornwall

Turkey Bowl!

Too much Turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment