Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 76 - January 15, 2018 - Buena Vista, Virginia

Whattup whattup whattup y'all! It's your boi Elder Hanson just chillin over here in Buena Vista! It was a pretty good week here! We finally got our car back this transfer. I've gone a whole 6 weeks without a car basically and I just wanna say bless those who don't have cars on their missions. More power to ya. So now we can actually see more people throughout the day instead of having to walk everywhere haha! I'm loving it here!
I'm hyped for the Patriots! There's a member here that loves the Patriots and he updates me about them too. Wahoo!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Larry. So he's doing awesome still! He got really excited this week about his baptismal date for February 9th! It's the first time he's actually been excited for his baptism. He just didn't fully understand the reason why he needed to be baptized until we talked a little more about it this week. So keep praying for him! He's doing great!

We're currently working with the members here (there's a lot) to help us find more people to teach. Please pray that we'll be able to find more people to teach and bring them closer to Jesus Christ!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

Yesterday, I got to watch the YSA conference yesterday with Elder Uchtdorf speaking. It was so good! I highly recommend looking it up when you can. He talked about how you can't connect the dots (events that happen in your life) looking forward. You can only connect the dots looking backwards. He was talking about how even if we don't feel like God's guiding and directing our lives, when we look back, we can definitely see that he WAS directing us all along. It was such a good talk! That's the challenge this week! Look up that talk! I promise you won't regret it!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So there we were. Just trying to bring people closer to Jesus Christ by tracting a street in Buena Vista, and out of nowhere, we looked to our left at this house we had knocked on before. What did we see? A life-size, decapitated Santa Claus. I guess when they say that Christmas is over, it's OVER. I'll send pics.


ELDER GARRETT QUOTE OF THE WEEK: 
"I don't normally do this but part of me just really wants to wing it." (we didn't don't worry).

I sure do love you guys so much! Thank you for everything you've done for me! Keep on keepin' on and stay strong! Have a good one!

2 Nephi 32: 8-9

- Elder Noah Hanson
Whole Armor of God


Dew Pong

On Splits

We found a decapitated Santa

I Guess Christmas is REALLY over!




No comments:

Post a Comment