Monday, April 2, 2018

Week 87 - April 2, 2018 - Buena Vista, Virginia

Sup y'all! Wow this week was a crazy but exciting week! First off, let's talk about conference. Holy cow. I loved it so much. I know without a doubt that God has called President Russell M. Nelson to be our prophet, seer, and revelator in these last days. I honestly think my favorite part of conference was just all the changes that have been made and I'll tell you why. All these changes were just a change of mindset. There's not gonna be anymore "checklists". We now have the opportunity to serve Heavenly Father's children because we LOVE them. And because we WANT to serve them. We get to love them just as He loves us. All of us! I've said it once and I'll say it again, "GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THE BEST". Haha! The peeps here in Virginia were having seizures when they announced a new temple in Virginia. haha It was awesome!

Also, speaking of changes, I'm getting transferred this Friday. I'm going to miss Buena Vista, Virginia so much. I truly have come to love the people here and this place will FOREVER have a place in my heart. I will truly cherish the relationships I've gained here. It's time to see where else the Lord needs me! This will most likely be my last area that I'm going to..holy cow. Probably another Zone Leader assignment so lets goooooo! 4 months left.

So excited for Erik and Kenna too! Glad I'll get to be there for the wedding.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Larry. So we taught him the law of chastity! He said he's gonna talk to his girlfriend that he's currently living with so we'll see how that goes! Also, the whole child support situation isn't a problem anymore! He's got it figured out and he's ready to move forward :) i'm excited to see where he goes! I'll have Elder Hadley update me about him!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So how did you like General Conference? What was your favorite talk or MOMENT? Share that on social media or someone you're close to :) 

FUNNY MOMENT:

So the 4 other elders that serve in Buena Vista (BV YSA, Rockbridge) have all gotten so close this transfer and so what did we do? We made a 2019 calendar with all of our faces on it. We had a "photoshoot" and it was pretty fun actually haha! I'll send the pictures to you guys that we put in there!  (See above)

I love all of you so so much! Thank you for being so supportive and loving to me! Have a safe week and also congrats to my brother Erik on his engagement! Super happy for ya bro :) and also happy birthday Erik on Sunday!! 

"When you are despairing, deserted, doubting, damaged, or defeated, behold the Man. He will comfort you." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

- Elder Noah Hanson
The Buena Vista Six


No comments:

Post a Comment