Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 24 - January 17, 2017 - Gallipolis, Ohio

Heyyy y'all! WOW what an incredible week! Donna got baptized and confirmed this weekend and it was incredible!! I'll talk more about it in a sec. We had 6 investigators come to church on Sunday which was super dope! Heavenly Father truly has blessed us a lot this week. No doubt about it! We got a referral also to place a Bible to a person named Holly. We are currently teaching her too!

So Donna's baptism. Holy cow. I've never felt the spirit more strong than I did in that moment. She came out of the changing room all in white and it was just incredible. When she was coming down into the baptismal font, she started crying. After I brought her out of the water, she looked at me with the biggest smile and said, "WE DID IT!" and gave me a hug. The whole baptismal service was just the best! She bore her testimony at the end of it and that was probably one of the most powerful moments I've ever experienced on my mission so far. She is amazing!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Ariel. She came to church on Sunday! She said she really felt the spirit answer some of the questions and doubts she had. She believes everything we've taught her so far is true and she even told her boyfriend (the atheist) about it and she said it went, overall, well. He's not mad but he just doesn't want to take part in the lessons. We'll see about that. Haha! But yeah just keep praying that she keeps receiving answers to her prayers and that she'll be able to overcome any obstacles thrown at her.

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So we're all gonna have certain questions about the church throughout our lives. BUT if we exercise our faith and turn to God for our answers, He WILL answer us in his own way and time. Throughout this week, think of a question that you have about the gospel. Ponder and pray about it. Bring that question to church with you on Sunday and I PROMISE that any question you have will be answered as you listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

FUNNY MOMENT:

So as most of you know, I picked up a lot of different vocabulary from being a Student Body Officer. I say things like, "GG" (good game), "salty", and "guy" (I use guy when I'm describing an object instead of saying the actual name of the object). Well I still say all of those even out here on the mission and I've gotten everyone in my district and past districts to start saying those sayings. They all kind of hate me for it because they can't stop saying them haha! Anyways, I thought it was pretty funny realizing that this week haha!

I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers for our friends that we teach. You are all amazing and I hope you have a great week!

Alma 5: 45-47

- Elder Hanson

Noah and Donna and Elder Christensen

My Freakin' Cold sweatshirt from the Sister Missionaries
Donna and Billy at Donna's Baptism

Love my new sweatshirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment