Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 22 - January 2, 2017 - Gallipolis, Ohio

Happy New Year everyone! I literally don't understand how it's already 2017. Like how did that happen? 2016 feels like it lasted for approximately .2 seconds! Oh well. 2016 was one crazy, but incredible year! I got to be an SBO at Viewmont, prepare for a mission, graduate, then go on a mission! Super hyped to see what 2017 brings! We celebrated New Years by having some amazing Sparkling Cider and planning!

I'm super hyped for the new theme this month for the youth! James 1: 5-6. If any of you are struggling, confused, or worried, just ask God to help you. I can promise you that He will answer your prayers and. It might not be in the way you expect or in the timing that you want, but He WILL answer you! Not only that but it will also bring comfort to you. That's a promise!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Donna. Okay I'm so hyped I can't even tell ya! Her wedding is this week and I honestly can't wait! Thing is, we have to plan the wedding...haha. I don't know if you guys know this but I've never planned a wedding in my fetching life. I guess they're a pretty big deal. But next week, on January 14th, she's getting baptized!!! Wahoo!! Keep praying that everything works out for her and her baptism! She's the best!

Chris. So I don't know if I've mentioned him before but he's awesome! He's had a ROUGH past and wants to change really badly and believes that the gospel can change him for the better. We've taught him a couple of times and he really enjoys it! Only problem is, his wife is not too happy we're teaching him. She does everything in her power to make sure we don't meet up with him. So please pray that her heart might be softened so that we can teach Chris and potentially her as well! 

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

Got any New Years Resolutions? Whether you do or you don't, why not have one that could bring you closer to your Father in heaven? Whether that's praying more sincerely, reading scriptures daily, or doing something good for someone once a day! I promise that as you strive to come closer to your Heavenly Father, you will feel a greater peace in your life. It's never too late to strengthen your relationship with Him.

FUNNY MOMENT:

So we walk into this sketchy house that's FULL of teenagers and there's 10 of them and they're all in a relationship with each other. So there's 5 couples. We introduce who we are and they seem pretty interested in what we have to say. My companion says, "What we teach you today will bless your life more than you can imagine." So my companion goes to reach for a Restoration pamphlet in his bag but instead pulls out a Law of Chastity pamphlet. I bend over laughing and he's just embarrassed. Literally it was my favorite thing ever. I laughed silently to myself throughout the rest of the lesson. Man it was so great!

Thank you all so much for being such a blessing in my life! Each one of you has made an impact on me one way or another. Love you guys! Hope you have a great week!

Matthew 5: 43-45
1 Corinthians 13: 2

- Elder Hanson
New Years and Sparkling Cider

Doing some planning while having some awesome cider!

No comments:

Post a Comment