Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 25 - January 23, 2017 - Gallipolis, Ohio

Heyyyy everyone! This week has been a pretty good week for me and my companion! We taught 21 lessons total this week which is straight NUTS in this mission haha! On average, I teach like 15 lessons a week. Soooo yeah this week was pretty bomb. I also went to this place called "Hill Billy Hotdog" and it's the most redneck place I've ever seen. Like I'm most definitely gonna send pictures because I can't put it into words how redneck this place was. But anyways.....

Jeffrey R. Holland taught, "However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have NOT traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ's Atonement shines." Heavenly Father lovingly provided his perfect son Jesus Christ to be our Savior and perform the Atonement. It's because of Him that we can be forgiven and feel the peace that God wants us to feel in our lives. He knows exactly how everyone has felt, is currently feeling, and is going to feel in this life. It's only through Him that we can be saved and live in the presence of our gracious and merciful God again.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Ariel. She's is so fire!! We taught her the Word of Wisdom on Saturday and she was totally accepting of it. Around here, that's a really hard commandment to accept. She said that she believes that Joseph Smith was a prophet and whatever he says, goes. Heck yeah! We also met her atheist boyfriend this week and he's actually super chill but he doesn't want anything to do with us. We'll see. Just keep praying for her! She's doing great!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

3 Nephi 14: 7 "Ask, and it shall be given unto you; and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." I've kind of already done this one before, but I feel impressed to do it again. Any question, concern, or doubt you have about anything, ask God. I promise that if you ask Heavenly Father with a sincere, humble, and open heart, he will answer you. He loves each of you so much and is more than willing to hear and answer your prayers. He is there.

FUNNY MOMENT:

So this is a story I heard about an elder in my mission that recently happened. So he was up at the pulpit at church giving a talk and he just started swaying back and forth. He started stuttering a lot and sweating. Then, his legs went straight noodle and he fainted. He woke up like 5 seconds later and said to the Bishop hovering over him, "I have to finish my talk!". He gets up at the pulpit and stares at the shocked congregation and says, "I don't remember anything that I've said the past 10 minutes, but I say it in the name of Jesus Christ amen." HAHAHA! An elder emailed me that story of his companion and I died!

The Patriots are in the Super Bowl?! Heck Yeah! Honestly, I'm in such a bubble I don't hear about ANYTHING. Like I didn't hear anything about the inauguration with Trump until yesterday. Thank you guys for your support and love that you've shown to me throughout my mission so far! I truly appreciate all of you and thank you all for being true followers of Jesus Christ! Have a great week!

3 Nephi 11: 9-11
Alma 34: 31

Elder Noah Hanson
My awesome District

District Meeting

Fun at Hillbilly Hotdogs

HillBilly Hotdogs

HillBilly Hotdogs

Inside of HillBilly Hotdogs



No comments:

Post a Comment