Monday, June 5, 2017

Week 44 - June 5, 2017 (Noah's Birthday!) - Princeton, West Virginia

Heyyyy y'all! It's your boi Elder Hanson! We've had yet another incredible week and I'll tell you why! Unless you don't want me to tell you why...well that sucks because I'm gonna say it anyway! It was a great week because I'm really starting to see this area progress now! Elder Christensen and I are truly gaining the TRUST that we need with investigators, members, and less actives! Gaining trust with your area is KEY to missionary work! And I know the reason why we're gaining this trust is because of DILIGENCE and OBEDIENCE! So for those of you who are planning on going on a mission, always remember that TRUST IS KEY to missionary work! I love my District. Each companionship has had a baptism this transfer. Also, I got your package you sent for my birthday! Everything was essential! The Lego Batman card was the best! haha.

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Vicki & Ed. So we had a lesson with them on the Plan of Salvation on Saturday and we were also able to pick up their son Gabriel as an investigator during that lesson! He had a lot of interesting questions which sparked his interest in the gospel! He's 13 years old! They didn't come to church yesterday but Vicki said that she's gonna ask her boss if she can get Sunday's off from now on so she can come to church! Please please pray that it all goes well for her and the family so that they can come to church and experience the blessings that come from it :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

Love one another. That's the challenge this week. If you feel that it's hard to love a specific person, stop thinking that way. Remember the Atonement of Jesus Christ and what He did for each and every one of us. He did it out of pure love, even for the people that despised Him. So how much need have we to love our neighbors, even our enemies. So if there's any feeling of hatred in you towards a person, let it go. You will feel so free! It feels better to love than to hate.

FUNNY MOMENT:

So last night, we were at a member's house and they wanted to give a spoonful of this INSANELY HOT hot sauce to Elder Christensen and me. I went first (I took one for the team) and I no joke started tearing up. Then I turned to the camera (my comp was recording me) and said "Man...that's straight fire." Keep in mind, I had a lisp at this point because it was so hot. So it sounded more like "Man...thath thraight fire." 

Thank you all for your amazing examples every week in your emails to me :) they mean a lot to me! I love y'all! Have a great week!

- Elder Hanson

P.S. I don't feel any older. But I guess I'm 19 now?

No comments:

Post a Comment