Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 49 - July 10, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Whattup y'all! It's your boi Elder Hanson! For those who are wondering, I'm doing really good! We've been workin' hard and just trying to do everything we can for the Lord :) I went on exchanges with an elder in my district named Elder Willie! He's a great kid! He's actually gonna be part of my "funny moment" so stay tuned lolz. Plus, It was a pretty lame 4th to be honest haha. I thought I was gonna see a lot of fireworks going off on the 4th but literally there was NOTHING. I was super sad to be honest haha it's all goooood though! 

Something that I've been trying to work on a lot lately (along with the rest of my district) is remaining focused on the work! It's so incredibly easy to get distracted by worldly things. And I'll admit, Satan's been doing everything he can to distract me this transfer for some reason. It wasn't until I was reading through my journal a couple nights ago that I really started to realize what I need to do differently. I read a quote in my journal that said, "Don't give up what you want most in life for something you think you want now." It was kind of like a spiritual awakening for me. So a goal that my comp and I set is just to say "Remain Focused!" every day before we leave the apartment! It's helped a lot! But don't get me wrong, it's not like I've been distracted my whole mission, it's just been a temptation a lot this transfer for some reason. Anyways, yeah rant over! Haha!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Lucia. She's still doing soooo good! She came to church again yesterday :) :) wahoo!! Her baptismal interview is this Friday and we went over the baptismal interview questions with her yesterday and she passed with flying colors! We are SO excited for her! Please just keep her in your prayers that she'll be able to pass the interview! She's such a great lady! She is looking at a baptism date of July 22.

Vicki & Emma & Gabe. So we've been teaching Vicki for a while as you know but we were able to pick up her two kids Emma and Gabe! Gabe is 13 and Emma is 11. They're awesome! It's different teaching kids about the restoration but we were able to do it! Haha! They plan on coming to church this Sunday so that's exciting!! Just keep praying for them that they'll be able to make it :)

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So something that I've realized this week also is that we spend so much time thinking of the things we need to IMPROVE on instead of the things we are good at right now! It's not a bad thing to think of what you need to improve on but we need to take some time to think of what our CURRENT strengths are. So my challenge is to y'all is to take some time to think about your top 3 strengths. And then kneel and thank heavenly father for those strengths. 

Anyways, thank you all for your incredible Christ-like examples. Truly blessed to have so many positive examples in my life :) love y'all! 

"Don't give up what you want most in life for something you think you want now."

- Elder Hanson
Elder Willie and Noah

Comparing ties - haha

Elders in my awesome District

A real Donkey Kong tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment