Monday, July 31, 2017

WEEK 52!!!! July 31, 2017 - Morgantown, West Virginia

Whaaaaaat up y'all! It's your boiiii Elder Hanson in the good ol' place of Morgantown! Wow I don't even know where to begin. First of all, there's a lot of people my age here and for the first few days, I forgot what it was like to talk to people my own age. Whenever I talk to girls my age now I feel like I'm flirting haha even though I'm not (arms length). I love it here though! We barely cover any of the actual campus of West Virginia University though. We cover the cities close by the campus. Also, being a Zone Leader is veerrrryy busy. Haha! I never thought I'd receive so many texts a day from different missionaries asking a bunch of questions! It's a good time though!

As I told y'all last week, my new comp is Elder Howe! He's from Ephraim, Utah! He's literally one of the happiest guys I know! He also loves The Office, SpongeBob, AND Harry Potter (Harry Potter's Birthday today!) 3 for 3!! Heckaaaa! He has a very strong testimony and loves to work hard and have fun! We're literally the dream team. Yeah there was A TON of rain the other day! We're fine though :)  And I'm just in a regular ward and not a student ward. I'm in one of the smaller zones so there's only 8 companionships in my zone. Elder Howe has been out 13 months!

That's sooooo cool you got to go to Missouri! Super jealous actually. I love that you got to see Sharwan in Nauvoo :) 


UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Jeremy and Cassie. So they're this awesome couple who have been investigators for about a month now. Jeremy went into the military and suffers from PTSD and has a hard time with chewing tobacco. They also need to get married before they're baptized. BUT they are both super awesome and we just set them on date for baptism for September 9th! I can relate to Jeremy a lot and that helps him out a ton! Just pray that they'll be able to make it to that date!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So in honor of my year mark this week (August 3rd, which is freaking crazy!!!), I thought I would extend a specific challenge to y'all. I want y'all to ponder on who you were last year compared to now. How have you changed? How has your testimony grown? What were you doing a year ago? What are some goals you can make to bring yourself closer to Heavenly Father? Make plans to ACT!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So this one might not make sense if you don't watch The Office but we were tracting on Friday and we came across this lady named Pam. She told us that she had to go inside for a sec before she could talk to us and so while we were waiting for her to come back out, Elder Howe just says, "Paaaaammoooollaaaaaaa" Hahahaha! I was laughing really hard when she walked out. It was kinda awkward but so worth it!

Anyways, love y'all! I hope y'all have a good week :) stay kewl.

Romans 8: 35, 37-39

- Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment