Monday, July 3, 2017

Week 48 - July 3, 2017 - Princeton, West Virginia

Happy 4th of July this week y'all!! That's so crazy that it's already the 4th of July this week! Time literally flies! I'll admit, I'm gonna miss the fun traditions we do back home on the 4th but I know that I'm where I'm supposed to be and I'm more than hyped to be here! I'm also so grateful to live in this country and the freedom that we have! Also, people have been lighting fireworks all of June haha. People here are pretty impatient to wait to light fireworks on the 4th! But it's been fun to see all these AWESOME fireworks all around us when we tract haha! Also, I've been out 11 months already??? WOW! 

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Lucia. So guess what??? She came to church!! It was her first time ever coming to church and she LOVED it! We also taught her the Word of Wisdom yesterday and she said that she had a problem with coffee but that she was willing to give it up because she "knows without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith was a prophet"!!! Wahoo!! We're so excited for her! Keep praying for her that she'll be able to live the word of wisdom and be ready for her baptism on July 22nd! 

Vanessa (recent convert). So yesterday at church, she told us that she got a calling! She's now known as the official "greeter"! Haha! She's very shy so I think being the greeter will be good for her! She's scared to death but she's gonna do great! Haha!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

So this week for district meeting, we talked about the importance of the spirit in our lives. We all kinda came to the realization that it can be so easy to take the spirit for granted. So my challenge to y'all is to think of a way that you can invite the spirit more in your own individual lives! Set goals and make plans to do what you need to do in order to have and feel the spirit more in your life!

FUNNY MOMENT:

Okay so wow. Yesterday at church, I went up to greet my bishop and I shook his hand and said, "Hey Bishop Boone!" He looks at me and grins and says, "Hey Donkey Kong, how ya doin?" I just stood there in awe...even my freaking bishop knows that my nickname is Donkey Kong. Wow. Shout out to Elder Wilson.

Anyways, I love all y'all so much! Thank you for all of your Christ-like examples! Keep being awesome and have a great week :)

3 Nephi 27: 13-14

- Elder Hanson
The Cascades

My District

Cascades

The Cascades

Tracting cuz no more miles for our car for the month :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment