Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Week 101 - July 9, 2018 - Raven, Virginia

Parents Note: Please pray each day for the safety of all missionaries. Noah and his companion had an incident happen this past week. His story below is only part of what happened. Know they are OK and the Mission President, the ward members and the Sheriff are checking on them each day. Thanks to all who support our awesome missionaries. They are blessing lives all over the world! 


Mike and Hayley 




Hey y'all! Alright so this email is going to be a little different than most but to start it off, I'm doing good. Elder Craner is too. We had an amazing 4th of July and I'm so grateful for this beautiful country that I live in and the freedoms that we have. 

So we had a unforgettable moment this week for many reasons. Elder Craner and I went through a traumatic event that has shaped our lives forever. First off, know that I am ok. I am safe in Richlands. Elder Craner is good too. Our mission president is fully aware of what happened and he's constantly checking in on us.....So on Thursday night, an investigator family that we've been teaching called us and started yelling at us because they thought we told some members something personal that they told us (also a misunderstanding over them giving the elders their lighters to help them stop smoking). 
They threatened to call the cops if we didn't go over there right away...anyways, so to stay out of trouble with the cops, we went over to explain ourselves that we didn't say anything to anyone but they didn't give us the time of day.  They kept us there against our will for an hour and a half by blocking the exits. Wouldn't let us move or anything. They wouldn't let us talk either because they didn't believe us. We were very scared, obviously, but surprisingly calm. 
A miracle occurred though. Elder Craner and I were praying so hard to get out of there alive and as soon as both of us were done praying, Elder Craner started to get an asthma attack. He hasn't had one since he was EIGHT YEARS OLD. The people holding us there started to panic and told us to go to the hospital for him. So they, miraculously, let us go so I could get him there. However, the hospital was closed for some unknown reason and so I just rushed him home and gave him a blessing. He was totally fine after that. 
I have a firm testimony that Heavenly Father watches over each and every one of us--especially His missionaries. We are on the Lord's errand. And He is aware. He needs us to carry on His work and bless more lives with this amazing message. It would've been easy for us to sulk and feel sorry for ourselves but we continued to work hard the next day and found a new investigator because of it. One door closes and another one opens. This is work is true! I know it without a doubt! I am so grateful for that experience because my testimony has been strengthened tremendously about my Savior. He knows what we're going through. I've prayed more than I have in my whole life and it's been very meaningful to me. I am doing good. Elder Craner is too. We are both beyond grateful for that experience. :)

Elder Craner and I are staying in Richlands and we're excited to see what else this transfer brings :) 

I love all of you! Have a great week and don't forget that you are loved and God is aware of you. He really is! Keep on keepin' on!

"Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God?" Mormon 5: 23

- Elder Noah Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment