Monday, July 16, 2018

Week 102 - July 16, 2018 - Raven, Virginia

Whattup y'all! It's your boi! So for those of you who are wondering: I'm doing fine! I'm doing a lot better and so is Elder Craner. We're both back to our normal selves now haha so that's exciting! We're both also super excited because we got smart phones this week and we're able to use Facebook now as a finding and teaching tool! To message people and answer questions etc. The Lord is truly hastening His work! So if you were curious as to why I wasn't home but I was on Facebook, that's why. Hahaha. 

I also bore my testimony at my very last zone conference ever on Tuesday. I will admit, I bawled haha. It's just getting so surreal and literally a FLOOD of mission memories came back to me as I was bearing my testimony. This is work really is true and it is REAL. I'm excited to give it my all these last few weeks!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Tracy. So we picked her up as a new this week! She's part of a part-member family who's trying to come back to church. She has had missionaries over for YEARS but they never once taught the restoration to her...it was mind-blowing to me. She loved the restoration and she committed to read and come to church! We're gonna see her tonight so pray that it all goes well!!

Also, please pray that we can find new people to teach. Almost all of our investigators basically dropped us this week. Out of nowhere. So it would be greatly appreciated if y'all could pray for Elder Craner and I to find new people to teach this week!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK:

How have you seen God's hand in your life this week? What MIRACLE has He seen fit to bless you with? Write that miracle down! It's so easy to go about the day without recognizing what He's done for us. But write down that miracle and thank Him for it. He wants to bless us and He is blessing us. We just have to recognize it!

FUNNY MOMENT:

So we were tracting in a neighborhood on Saturday and we saw ahead of us these teenage girls walking towards us. Elder Craner and I had the plan to say something to them and maybe add them on facebook so we could stay in contact better if they were interested in learning haha WELL...one of them looks up and sees us and says "Is that DAVID??" I was like, "What?" Haha. She ran up to us and was like (talking to me) "Oh...I thought you were David Archuleta. I fangirled sorry!" I just stood there not knowing what to say hahaha. I just laughed and was about to ask them if they'd seen missionaries like us before but they ran off somewhere else. It was so weird haha. Like why would David Archuleta be in Richlands, VA? I mean seriously haha.

Anyways! I love y'all so much! Thank you for everything and for all you guys do for us. I appreciate all the support and love you've shown especially since what happened last week. I am very blessed! Keep on keepin' on!

"It may not always be easy, convenient or politically correct to stand for truth and right, but it is the right thing to do. Always. " M. Russell Ballard

- Elder Noah Hanson
Chillin' with Elder Craner

No comments:

Post a Comment