Monday, July 30, 2018

Week 104 - July 30, 2018 - Raven, Virginia

Whattup y'all!! It's your boi Elder Hanson. Well...where to begin this week? First of all, it FLEW by again! Crazy how fast it's going by. 

Second of all, it seems like all of the hard work that Elder Craner and I have been putting into the work our whole companionship has finally paid off this week! We were able to see SO MANY people and teach a lot too! The members seemed super happy and excited about the work especially this week too. MIRACLES are starting to happen in Richlands and I'm so happy that Elder Cramer will get to see the fruits of those miracles once I'm gone! He deserves the best for his mission! All of the credit goes to the Lord though. He's got this!

UPDATE ON INVESTIGATORS:

Cheroke. She's doing great! One of the miracles we saw this week was we were able to put Cheroke on date for baptism for September 8th! She has told us over and over again that we are the "key" to her finding truth! Please continue to pray for her! Let's gooooo.

Danny. So we found Danny tracting 2 weeks ago. We had knocked every single door in the neighborhood for 3 hours and he was the VERY last door we knocked on. He let us right in. This week we were able to set him also on date for baptism for September 15th! Elder Craner extended the invitation and he did a really good job!

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK: (this will probably be the last one I do...holy cow)

Ask yourself the question, "How has my life changed just in the past 2 years?" And afterwards ask yourself, "And why am I grateful for that change?" Next week will be my last weekly email and I'll be able to tell you how MY life has changed from here on out just from the past 2 years serving the Lord! Share your answers with someone else :)

FUNNY MOMENT:

So yesterday, I gave a talk in church and after sacrament meeting people gathered around me and asked me all kinds of questions about my mission. One lady asked "What have you missed most about home?" Before I could even answer, like 4 different people shouted out "Harry Potter!" I don't even feel like I talk about Harry Potter that much anymore haha. I guess I just give that vibe off to people hahaha! It was hilarious though and kinda sad haha.

Well, I love all of you so much! I'm so beyond grateful for each of you and your examples in my life. And for those who are struggling, don't give up. Keep going! Heavenly Father and I are cheering you on! Keep on keepin' on!

"Love is making space in your life for someone else." - Neill F. Marriott


- Elder Noah Hanson
The Symbolic "Death" pic

Splits with Elders Ballard and Drennen


The "Suit" burning



1 comment: